Do Unto Others – part 3
If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.
- The power to live the Christian life comes from Christ. It is not our resolve to “turn over a new leaf” but rather our active dependence on Him that enables us to live lives that are pleasing to God.
- The need for passionate followers of Jesus to do more than be Christians. e need to live out the life of Christ as shown to us in the word of God, as shown to us by the life of Jesus, and empowered through the power of the Holy Spirit.
- A Christian’s treatment of others is proactive and is motivated by our total love of God and modeled after the sacrifice of Jesus
Why should we do it?
(1) It’s how you get God’s “thumbs up”
- James 2:8
(2) It’s how you put the “stud” in bible study
- Galatians 5:14
(3) It’s how you answer the “who?” question
- Psalm 15:1
(4) It’s how you change
- Proverbs 27:17
“So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.
(a) The positive and the negative
- I do not want you to let me wallow in my sin
- I do not want you to let me continue in my rebellion
- I do not want you to let me continue in my foolishness
(b) In my relationships