3 Ways I Need to Change
“Let what you say be simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything more than this comes from evil.”
Does God ever show us what to do?
- Law—God’s Word reveals his will.
- Decrees—God’s Word is faithful and true.
- Commandments—God’s Word gives particular direction.
- Instructions—God’s Word has binding force and permanence.
- Commands—God’s Word possesses authority.
- Word—God’s Word contains truth in all its forms.
He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?
1-We must sacrifice our prejudices and pride
- Acts 10:28 – “but God has shown me”
2-We must sacrifice our priorities
- Acts 10:34 – “God shows no partiality”
3-We must surrender our structures and categories
- Acts 10:47 – “who have received the Holy Spirit just as we have”