1 John 4:4
Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.
Kindergarten Cop with Arnold Schwarzenegger
What’s not to love about a handsome, athletic man who teaches a kindergarten class, loves children and wins their hearts with love?
We need to view our faith, our fellow believers, our children as precious possessions and protect them from predators.
(1) When we develop our own standards of religion and morality, we inevitably judge everyone by those self-made beliefs and standards.
- Matthew 7:1-5
- Psalm 51:10
- Psalm 51:13
(2) Disciples are not to be judgmental, but that does not mean that they are to lack discernment
- Matthew 7:6
- Hebrews 5:14
- 1 Thessalonians 5:21–22
- 1 John 4:1–6
- Titus 3:10–11
- 1 Corinthians 5:11
7 Truths that we must not compromise
- The Bible is God’s word – perfect and unchanging
- The virgin birth of Jesus
- The vicarious atonement of Jesus
- The victorious resurrection of Jesus
- The visible return of Jesus
- You must be born again by grace through faith
- Do not be unequally yoked
(3) A distinctively Christian life must be marked by a distinctive lifestyle and distinctive convictions
A Lifestyle of Love and Convictions with Discernment
Matthew 7:6 – Once again we need to ask two of the most important and primary questions in the study of the bible: What if this verse wasn’t in the bible? What does this verse teach us about the person and character of Jesus?
Love without truth is compromise, truth without love is uncaring harshness.
4 cultural predators
- The predator of media
- The predator of social apps and pornography
- The predator of education
- The predator of dating in a culture of sexuality
Do you view yourself as precious to Jesus? He loves you and died for you
Take time to put down on paper your name, the names of your family, your friends, your children.
Beside each name write down why they are of great value to you and to Jesus. The more you do this the more you will appreciate the treasures that God has placed into your life. More important, you will understand God’s great love for you.