The 6 Progressions of Spiritual Growth – part 3
Until now you have asked nothing in my name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full.
How do I know if I’m growing spiritually?
- Hebrews 6:1
In a performance based culture we need to understand that it does not matter how impressive or wonderful your results are. What matters is your obedience to Jesus. Are you listening? Are you obeying?
- When Jesus says believe in me, do you believe?
- When Jesus obey my commands, do you obey?
- When Jesus says go and make disciples, do you go?
- When Jesus says forgive as I have forgiven you, do you forgive?
- When Jesus says stop sinning, do you repent?
The 6 spiritual progressions of the growing believer:
(1) A changed life and a changed attitude
- “repentance from dead works”
(2) Personally trusting Jesus and receiving his gift of salvation
- “faith toward God”
(3) Publicly proclaiming my faith in Jesus
- “instruction about washings”
(4) Serving the Lord and using my spiritual gifts
- “the laying on of hands”
(5) Living my life with eternity in mind
- “the resurrection of the dead”
(6) Sharing my faith with boldness
- “eternal judgment”